UPDATE / DOWNDATE?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for years and years and still learn new stuff all the time. I respect your opinion and need some help. I have never had the kind of errors and lock up’s as I have had in the past month after the last update (22.0.1) I am using Windows 10, have 8 G RAM and use my onboard graphics. I am hoping that I don’t have to buy a new graphic card to use PS anymore, because I cannot afford it.

Here is what is happening:

1. Photoshop shuts down randomly by itself
  2. Photoshop freezes and displays a double image.(see images) Must restart.
  3. “Freezing” happens  when I make a large selection.
  4. These things happen several times, every day since update 22.0

Updating to 22.1 didn’t make any difference either.

I have chatted with the support group, online, 2 or 3 times, had one tech remotely check and adjust my system with no improvement.

I can only use PS 221.2.4 without crashing, but I want to use all of the new functions and tools, since I pay for the subscription.

Can I just uninstall and re-install PS? I haven’t tried that because I am not sure that I could do that without causing more problems.PHOTOSHOP CRASH 11 18 20 (2).JPGPHOTOSHOP CRASH 12 2 20 2.JPG

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

UPDATE / DOWNDATE?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for years and years and still learn new stuff all the time. I respect your opinion and need some help. I have never had the kind of errors and lock up’s as I have had in the past month after the last update (22.0.1) I am using Windows 10, have 8 G RAM and use my onboard graphics. I am hoping that I don’t have to buy a new graphic card to use PS anymore, because I cannot afford it.

Here is what is happening:

1. Photoshop shuts down randomly by itself
  2. Photoshop freezes and displays a double image.(see images) Must restart.
  3. “Freezing” happens  when I make a large selection.
  4. These things happen several times, every day since update 22.0

Updating to 22.1 didn’t make any difference either.

I have chatted with the support group, online, 2 or 3 times, had one tech remotely check and adjust my system with no improvement.

I can only use PS 221.2.4 without crashing, but I want to use all of the new functions and tools, since I pay for the subscription.

Can I just uninstall and re-install PS? I haven’t tried that because I am not sure that I could do that without causing more problems.PHOTOSHOP CRASH 11 18 20 (2).JPGPHOTOSHOP CRASH 12 2 20 2.JPG

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So use Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 Photoshop 2021 requirement have changes. CPU support and GPU requirement have changed Adobe wrote old GPU may not be support or be of limited use.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0