• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to 22.1 Didn't Help Slow Tool Problem

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have very slow tool response in Photoshop. I have updated to v22.1 running macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.

In the past I have tried...

I deleted preferences. it did not help.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. It did not help.

I tried with Third Party plug-ins disabled. It did not help.

I uninstalled Third Party plug-ins. It did not help.

I tried with the Photoshop>Preferences>Performance unchecking the Use Graphics Processor unchecked. It did not help.

Let me redescribe the symptom to see if this will assist.

I have a Tif format image file open. The file is 387 MB with three layers. I have flattened the file and its new size is 175 MB. I select the Lasso Tool and use it to draw a loop selection. It works fine with this first selection. I press the Shift Key and use the Lasso Tool to draw a second selection. The + sign appears at the Lasso Tool. When I click and drag the second selection, no selection line appears. And when I release the mouse click it takes approximately 5-10 seconds for the marching ants of the second selection to appear. This same behavior is there with both file sizes.

I would appreciate any further advice you may have. Or if this is a bug in Photoshop (it sure seems to be a bug) please let me know if it will be addressed in an update. This difficulty and similar difficulties with other tools are very disruptive of workflow.

Would appreciate any ideas. Or perhaps a knowledgeable Adobe person who can say whether this is a known problem and is being worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

I have found the answer to this problem.

I have Tony Kuyper's luminance mask action panels installed on my Mac computers.

I just received an email from Tony today with some troubleshooting instructions that included the following for Mac computers:

"...The second Mac problem concerns sluggish performance of some tools, like the Brush and Quick Selection tools, when TK7 modules are open.  Again, I've not been able to reproduce this, but have four reports of it.  The solution that worked in all thes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the answer to this problem.

I have Tony Kuyper's luminance mask action panels installed on my Mac computers.

I just received an email from Tony today with some troubleshooting instructions that included the following for Mac computers:

"...The second Mac problem concerns sluggish performance of some tools, like the Brush and Quick Selection tools, when TK7 modules are open.  Again, I've not been able to reproduce this, but have four reports of it.  The solution that worked in all these cases is to simply turn off the selection indicator.  To do that:
1)  Click the "TK" icon on each module.
2)  Choose "Off" in the Selection Indicator drop-down menu...."

This solution cleared up the sluggish tool problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is TK Icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The TK Icon is a small, circular icon on the various panels of Tony Kuyper's luminosity mask action panels. The letters "TK" are on the icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines