• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Photoshop 2020 won't open

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got a notification that there I needed to update Photoshop to the latest version (Photoshop 2020), so I went into my accound and updated the software, now I can't access it! Everytime I go to open the programme I get this message: 'Could not open scratch file in "/private/var/folder/hg/9mwqm8z52wg7bxhw5zmyzns80000gn/T/TemoraryItems/Photoshop/" because of disk error.

How do I uninstall and start again, or fix this issue please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the launch issue. Yes, you can uninstall the Photoshop via Creative Cloud Desktop app > Restart your machine > Reinstall Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another way to fix this, aside from an unistall and reinstall?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue and reinstalling it has not helped me. Gotta get this fixed for work asap please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Even tried holding down the shift key to load so my external plug ins would load. Still won’t load. Trying the option+command+ shift. It just popped open.   Hope everything is okay. Don’t know what to expect. 😬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences. That scratch disk path looks odd. Reinstall won't fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we reset preferences when it won't even stay open let alone stay open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am having the same issue and it won't let me uninstall either, because it says its still running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and I still cannot get my photoshop to stay open. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to add as shortcut on your desktop and run as administrator , this helped me ,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is in purgatory. Photoshop "appears" to be running, but it will not launch AND it will not let me Force Quit, though it is on the list of running apps.  I checked the Activity Monitor and there is no sign of Photoshop there. It is simply not usable at the moment and I have no idea what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issuse, 2020 wonat launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Any response from Adobe ?

"Could not complete your request because of a disk error" when attempting to open Photoshop 2020

Re-install - no fix

Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) - no fix

I have 48GB free space available on Hard Drive

...please help.

macOS 10.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was to install Photoshop 2019.

Opens without error.

...not certain why 2020 will not open. (could be my Macbook Pro 2013 w/discrete and integrated bug)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Entire adobe suite will not open. Not Photoshop,  Illustrator, InDesign, nothing...we pay too much money to not be able to access this program. Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix what? The problem of not opening is going to be on your own system. It opens fine on millions of others.

However, if you want help you are going to have to give some information about your system and what error messages you are getting.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard disagree.  I have been running fine for a couple of years, but now every Adobe product runs terribly, or not at all after the last 2 updates.  I am not the only one, literally everyone I talk to says the same.  So let the paying customers vent a little?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update is faulty of course it needs to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you logged in your CC application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that going back to version 21.2.3 has fixed this issue. Go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, then under installed apps find Photoshop. Click on the three dots, select other versions and click install nect to version 21.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app wont open either....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does it give an error message?

Are you on Mac? PC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines