Highlighted

Updated Photoshop 2020 won't open

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got a notification that there I needed to update Photoshop to the latest version (Photoshop 2020), so I went into my accound and updated the software, now I can't access it! Everytime I go to open the programme I get this message: 'Could not open scratch file in "/private/var/folder/hg/9mwqm8z52wg7bxhw5zmyzns80000gn/T/TemoraryItems/Photoshop/" because of disk error.

How do I uninstall and start again, or fix this issue please?

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated Photoshop 2020 won't open

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got a notification that there I needed to update Photoshop to the latest version (Photoshop 2020), so I went into my accound and updated the software, now I can't access it! Everytime I go to open the programme I get this message: 'Could not open scratch file in "/private/var/folder/hg/9mwqm8z52wg7bxhw5zmyzns80000gn/T/TemoraryItems/Photoshop/" because of disk error.

How do I uninstall and start again, or fix this issue please?

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the launch issue. Yes, you can uninstall the Photoshop via Creative Cloud Desktop app > Restart your machine > Reinstall Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another way to fix this, aside from an unistall and reinstall?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue and reinstalling it has not helped me. Gotta get this fixed for work asap please 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Even tried holding down the shift key to load so my external plug ins would load. Still won’t load. Trying the option+command+ shift. It just popped open.   Hope everything is okay. Don’t know what to expect. 😬

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences. That scratch disk path looks odd. Reinstall won't fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we reset preferences when it won't even stay open let alone stay open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am having the same issue and it won't let me uninstall either, because it says its still running

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and I still cannot get my photoshop to stay open. Any other suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to add as shortcut on your desktop and run as administrator , this helped me ,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is in purgatory. Photoshop "appears" to be running, but it will not launch AND it will not let me Force Quit, though it is on the list of running apps.  I checked the Activity Monitor and there is no sign of Photoshop there. It is simply not usable at the moment and I have no idea what to do next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issuse, 2020 wonat launch

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines