Highlighted

Updated Photoshop 3D toos grayed out not working

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded Photoshop (8/31/2020). Now my  previous 3D model files crash the application. If I try to create a new mesh from the art work all the 3D options are grayed out. Trying to click on the 3D tab options results in a crash.

Any suggestions? Can I go back one update?

Thanks,

Will

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated Photoshop 3D toos grayed out not working

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded Photoshop (8/31/2020). Now my  previous 3D model files crash the application. If I try to create a new mesh from the art work all the 3D options are grayed out. Trying to click on the 3D tab options results in a crash.

Any suggestions? Can I go back one update?

Thanks,

Will

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can open your file here in v21.2.2 with no issues :

2020-08-31_22-56-59.jpg

The most likely cause is a GPU issue.

If you are using Windows try the following:

1. Update your GPU driver from the manufacturers site. If you are using NVidia drivers then choose Advanced options and "Clean Install"

2. If the above does not help, after a Photoshop restart, then try resetting Photoshop Preferences

3. If none of that works , please go to Photoshop's Help, System Info and press the copy button. Then paste the info here

On your second question, yes you can step back to a previous version by uninstalling and then installing the previous - but be aware that you should back up your presets first

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I will try this.

Will

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines