• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated photoshop to 22.2.0 but creative cloud still recommends updating to the older 21.2.5 version

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I just updated my Ps to 22.2.0 but creative cloud still recommends updating to the older 21.2.5 version

Any ideas of why this may be happening?

Am I missing something?

I cannot ignore or delete the suggestion for the 21.2.5 version.

Tnx in advance for any info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 17.01.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just released an update for version 21.  From 21.2.4 to 21.2.5 some stability fixes no new function.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx for the reply see my printscreen below where you can see the latest updated version andthe request for updating the older version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each of the separate versions of Photoshop you have got installed (20, 21, 22) may get updates. You can choose to put them on separately, or perhaps you'd prefer not to experiment. Keeping multiple versions is a valuable safety net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, tnx I didn't know I had multiple versions of photoshop installed. I thought I had only one.

Upon looking into my Applications folder I realised I have three: Ps 2020, 2021, and CC2019.

I don't think I need all three. I am think of keeping the Ps 2021 and deleting the rest which are probably causing this difficulty with the updates. 

Any advice welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware version 21.2.5 is a security update so it's wise to install it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me I would keep two versions. Do you have a plan for a day when you can't run Photoshop? My plan is to try running an older version

"probably causing this difficulty with the updates. " - there actually isn't any difficulty. It's just telling you there is an update for an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a licence for an old Perpetual Photoshop version? If you end your subscription your creative cloud Photoshop versions will loose their activation credentials and stop functioning. If Adobe remove the Perpetual activation servers from the web you will not be able to activate a new perpetual install.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon!  I have the same question.  I did not realize that two versions of PS were installed on my computer.  When I open Photoshop from the Dock on my iMac or from within Lighroom, which version am I opening?  Can I delete the older one?  I ask because my computer is agonizingly slow when PS is running.  The versions that I have are PS v22.3.1 and version 21.2.7.  Would uninstalling the older version help make things run more quickly?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you open an app from the Dock, it opens the version YOU put there. You control the dock. Apps aren't allowed to add themselves. When you upgrade, you may need to change what you keep in the dock. Know what apps are installed, and keep control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines