Highlighted

Updated to Photoshop 2020 and Pen Pressure is broken.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Hoping someone can help with an issue that's preventing me from working currently.

I updated to Photoshop 2020 recently, from Photoshop 2017. I uninstalled both 2017, as well as my tablet driver as I know updating Photoshop frequently breaks pen pressure and have had to deal with it before. I use an XP-Pen Star 06 and have been very happy with it. 

With no Photoshop or Tablet software installed on my computer, I then installed 2020 and installed the most recent version of my tablet's driver. Tested the tablet in PaintTool Sai, it worked like normal.

However in Photoshop, I had no pen pressure and the usual triange of doom. I then went and transfered the stylus setting file from 2017's files into 2020 and made sure Windows Ink was unselected, as many threads regarding the same issue stated. 

Now in Photoshop, the triangle is gone and brush settings show that pen pressure should be working... but still no actual pressure sensitivity in Photoshop or Lightroom. 

I have reached out to XP-Pen and Adobe for support. XP-Pen got back to me quickly, but beyond walking me through the file transfer I had already tried they had nothing else to offer as normally that fixes the problem. Adobe was way less than helpful. From repeatedly suggesting I update drivers even though I had literally just said they were both up to date, to even suggesting that my tablet pen was broken even though my tablet works fine everywhere else. It's been a bit of a nightmare honestly. 

I'm at a loss. I've continued trying to troubleshoot on my own but I'm getting desperate, I HAVE to have a working tablet.  

Today my friend brought over his brand new tablet, I wanted to be able to confirm that it wasn't and issue with just my tablet as Adobe was insisting. He just got his three days ago, and it's a brand new 2020 XP-Pen Deco tablet. We uninstalled the driver, plugged in his tablet, re-installed the driver, opened up Photoshop and.... oh boy. Pen pressure worked... however, and I'll do my best to describe it, it was treating not only every tap as a double tap, but whenever I would draw a line... it'd be a regular pen pressure enabled lovely line.... with 2-3 other lines attached to it, all drawing straight towards the upper left corner of the screenw ith no pen pressure, with just one swipe of the pen. It was absolutely crazy. 

Please oh please tell me someone has some advice or ideas. 

Topics

Bug, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated to Photoshop 2020 and Pen Pressure is broken.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Hoping someone can help with an issue that's preventing me from working currently.

I updated to Photoshop 2020 recently, from Photoshop 2017. I uninstalled both 2017, as well as my tablet driver as I know updating Photoshop frequently breaks pen pressure and have had to deal with it before. I use an XP-Pen Star 06 and have been very happy with it. 

With no Photoshop or Tablet software installed on my computer, I then installed 2020 and installed the most recent version of my tablet's driver. Tested the tablet in PaintTool Sai, it worked like normal.

However in Photoshop, I had no pen pressure and the usual triange of doom. I then went and transfered the stylus setting file from 2017's files into 2020 and made sure Windows Ink was unselected, as many threads regarding the same issue stated. 

Now in Photoshop, the triangle is gone and brush settings show that pen pressure should be working... but still no actual pressure sensitivity in Photoshop or Lightroom. 

I have reached out to XP-Pen and Adobe for support. XP-Pen got back to me quickly, but beyond walking me through the file transfer I had already tried they had nothing else to offer as normally that fixes the problem. Adobe was way less than helpful. From repeatedly suggesting I update drivers even though I had literally just said they were both up to date, to even suggesting that my tablet pen was broken even though my tablet works fine everywhere else. It's been a bit of a nightmare honestly. 

I'm at a loss. I've continued trying to troubleshoot on my own but I'm getting desperate, I HAVE to have a working tablet.  

Today my friend brought over his brand new tablet, I wanted to be able to confirm that it wasn't and issue with just my tablet as Adobe was insisting. He just got his three days ago, and it's a brand new 2020 XP-Pen Deco tablet. We uninstalled the driver, plugged in his tablet, re-installed the driver, opened up Photoshop and.... oh boy. Pen pressure worked... however, and I'll do my best to describe it, it was treating not only every tap as a double tap, but whenever I would draw a line... it'd be a regular pen pressure enabled lovely line.... with 2-3 other lines attached to it, all drawing straight towards the upper left corner of the screenw ith no pen pressure, with just one swipe of the pen. It was absolutely crazy. 

Please oh please tell me someone has some advice or ideas. 

Topics

Bug, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with pen pressure while using your XP-Pen tablet with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you are using? Did you start facing this issue after the latest Photoshop update? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

Adobe does not test or officially support XP-Pen tablets. You can check out some of the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

If the issue still persists, we would request you to contact XP-Pen support.

You may try the following steps and see if that helps:

1. In your tablet properties make sure the tablet is set to use Windows Ink.

2. If you have previously use PSUserConfig.txt to stop Photoshop from using Windows Ink and force it to use WinTab, then you need to remove that text file.

3. Following 1 and 2 - close and restart Photoshop.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines