• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating All Text Layers

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with translation software and various CAT tools (e.g. MemoQ). An issue that has come up more recently that I don't recall previously being a problem is updating text layers in PS. Currently I can extract the text layers from a file, translate, and import back into the file (outside of PS). When opening the file post import, sometimes there is a prompt stating, "Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers now?" Ultimately, this is what I want, but the issue is this update does not appear to apply to all text layers. Previously I used Type Update All Text Layers to refresh any updated translations, but this seems to update the same text layers as the opening prompt. The only surefire way I can get all the layers updates is to manually double click on each T (indicates text layer) icon in the layers for all text layers, which proves tedious if I have a file with several text layers. Is there a more automated way I am missing to have all text layers updated?

Using PS CC 2021

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used this feature for a long time, but it sounds like a bug. It should update all layers, not only the active text layer. Perhaps it is just a simple preferences reset to cure, or it may be a programming bug.

I don't have a file to test with, however how does the following suggestion work?

1. Select menu > All Layers

2. Type menu > Update All Text Layers

You can create an action and use the "insert menu item" command rather than record.

Otherwise, there are scripts that can play an action over all selected layers, or a custom script could be created to cycle through all text layers and update text layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can report bug here https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines