Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating CS6 Fails - U44M1P7

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For several days I have attempted to download and update my version of Photoshop CS6 (13.0.6 x64) as Creative Cloud shows an update being available. However, each time the update fails with error code U44M1P7 and whilst I see from the forms that there seem to be several reasons that might cause this failure I am unclear as to what the best solution is.

The most drastic seems to be uninstalling it and then reinstalling but I am not sure if this is absolutely necessary or, indeed, where to go to for the link to download the application again.

I also have Photoshop CC so, perhaps this is the time to move away from CS6 completely but I would welcome any comments and suggestions about how to fix this upgrade problem/

Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Brighton, UK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Photoshop CS6 comes as part of your Creative Cloud subscription. It's feature set is the same as the shrink wrapped but is customised for the CC environment. In the desktop app click the down arrow next to Photoshop CC and then 'Other Versions'

1.jpg

You will get a long list of all the previous compatible versions of Photoshop and can install as many as you want as they all work independently. If memory serves correct CS6 gets removed and replaced with the CC version in both 64 and 32 bit forms.

2a.jpg

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cliff

Take a look here to see if it helps

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates

If that doesn't help try downloading the update from here

Adobe software and product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Renaming the AAMUpdater folder did unit work.

The second option of downloading the update manually takes you to the Adobe Products Update page and having navigated towards the update for Photoshop for Macintosh, you're presented with a table of updates that date back to November 2013. I'm assuming this is the one to download as it is the "newest" as it is for 13.0.6 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Having downloaded the update and tried to run the installer, I get messages that say this update is not applicable to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It looks like a re-install may be the only option according to this

Updates don't install | Update failure or U44M errors in Adobe Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the original shrink wrapped version of Photoshop CS6 or the Creative Cloud version?

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is the shrinkwrapped version - purchased many years ago but I still like using it, despite the advances in Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 comes as part of your Creative Cloud subscription. It's feature set is the same as the shrink wrapped but is customised for the CC environment. In the desktop app click the down arrow next to Photoshop CC and then 'Other Versions'

1.jpg

You will get a long list of all the previous compatible versions of Photoshop and can install as many as you want as they all work independently. If memory serves correct CS6 gets removed and replaced with the CC version in both 64 and 32 bit forms.

2a.jpg

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

Many thanks for your help.

I un-installed CS6 and then re-installed using the help you provided me with and have since updated CS6 successfully.

My migration to full blown Photoshop CC is nearly complete but I can at least be assured that CS6 now updates correctly from no won.

Regards,

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CliffD  wrote

I also have Photoshop CC so, perhaps this is the time to move away from CS6 completely

You should really try CC2018 there has been lots of new features added since CS6

New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am migrating towards Photoshop CC2018 but tend to fall back on the older version if I come across a feature that I'm not sure about using well enough. Just need to knuckle down and go through the tutorials and "what's new" features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines