Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Photoshop CC 2020 fails with Error 145

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The details of the error are as follows:

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop21-Core_x64', version:21.1.1.121
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop21-Core_x64 Version: 21.1.1.121). Error code: '145'
ERROR: Source path:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020 does not exist
WARN: Failed to set permissions of destination: C:\adobeTemp\ETRD34.tmp from source: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020
WARN: Failed to set permissions of destination: C:\adobeTemp\ETR40A6.tmp from source: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020
WARN: Failed to set permissions of destination: C:\adobeTemp\ETR4376.tmp from source: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020
WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020'

The folder in question does in fact exist.  Using Windows, I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled, but it failed again with the same error.  I attempted to open the Photoshop folder but it says "Access denied".  Seems odd since I can open the Lightroom and Creative Cloud folders.  I tried changing the permission on the Photoshop folder, but it will not let me.

I have looked up error 145 on the support page, but all it says is to delete the offending file within the folder.  However, the folder has zero files and I can't open the folder anyway.  

Any ideas on how to solve this issue??

Norm B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error. I wonder if you were able to solve your problem because I can't solve mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Th error basically points out that the directory / folder that the installation is trying to create is already present.

In your case the issue is with the Adobe Photoshop 2020 folder in C:\Program Files\Adobe\ 

Try this cancel the install, Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\ and delete the Adobe Photoshop 2020 folder, in case if you are not able to delete it, check the permission for the same and then delete.

Once the folder has been deleted / renamed, you can try to install. Please confirm if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming / deleting is not possible, because the folder "Adobe Photoshop 2020" is somehow blocked from read and write access. Windows tells me I need administrator rights for that. Funny, because I am admin user on my machine. This is quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to Christian, I had the same problemwith Windows. Contact Adobe's customer support for this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not. I had to get one of your guys to remotely do some things on my PC. There are much more things that he did than what you were suggesting. Honestly, I think it screwed up my directory because now, I'm getting the same error whenever I install other applications but I'm too busy to file a report again. The last time I had a problem, it took 4 Adobe agents and 1 to 1.5 hours to solve the problem which created new ones for me anyway. Seriously, your Adobe Photoshop 2020 updates have bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly this problem i.e. being stuck after Error 145 with an Adobe Photoshop 2020 folder (I think empty) which could not be deleted due to ownership problems.  I found that a restart of Windows 10 removed the folder and I was then able to install Photoshop OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines