Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from Photoshop Elements 2019 to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I've always used Photoshop Elements, from v2 to v2019. I'm now considering to upgrade to Photoshop. I see a "photograph"-plan for this, with monthly fees (12€/m). Few questions on this :

• Which version of Photoshop is in that plan ?
  • Will I always get / use the latest version of Photoshop via this plan / subscription ?
  • Does this run on the cloud, or do I need to install software on my PC ?  (my company does not allow to install 3rd party software on our laptops).

Please advise. Thanks !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A subscription always includes the latest full version, upgraded as they come at no extra cost.

Other than that it works as it always has. The software is installed on your computer and everything works locally. You save to your local hard drive - unless you choose the option to save in the cloud.

For anyone working with largish camera files and managing a large archive, the "cloud" is still completely unrealistic. Internet bandwidth is nowhere near able to cope with a high volume workflow. And as bandwidth increases, so do average file sizes. It never catches up.

All that said, a laptop isn't ideal for Photoshop. At least make sure it's one with a lot of disk space (Photoshop eats disk space for breakfast) and good specs overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines