• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded but now I have TWO VERSIONS OF Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to version 22.1 . . .I think I skipped a couple of upgrades (since mid-2019) out of a "if it ain't broke, don't upgrade it". . .well I bit the bullet, crossed my fingers and upgraded. . .but now I have TWO versions of Photoshop v 22.1 and 21.1.3. So I have two Photoshop icons on my Apps manager and it's confusing. . .also, by mistake, I hit the open button on the v 21.1.3 and it crashed and I had to reboot the computer. . .so now I am careful to open the correct version 22.1 which seems to work fine. . .except when I flatten an image and hit "save" it seems to save at a much slower rate than my previous version and I have to wait before I can return to Lightroom to complete the edit (which I also upgraded to latest version). . .This will slow me down considerably as I often have 300 photos to process in one setting. . .so why two Photoshops and is this somehow slowing me down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two Photoshops should be fine. They don't interfere with each other. It's strongly recommended to keep the old version, so you can go back to it in case of problems. It's not unusual for new versions to have some issues, such as plug-ins that don't work, or functions that have been removed or you need to relearn, so the smart money is on always having two versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. . .thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, well. . .so 2 is not a problem!. . .thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines