• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded iMac or base iMac Pro

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble understanding if the added cores of the iMac Pro will really give me much more speed based on how I use my machine. I use Photoshop and Lightroom very heavily, I edit raw photos and I also do a lot of graphic design. Most of my graphic design photoshop files are 100MB or more. I have photoshop, lightroom, in-design and bridge open all the time. I do video editing on occasion but not enough to be a factor here, maybe every other week and they are short videos with little graphics and I am only editing to cut out a small portion or something like that. I use audition maybe every couple of weeks as well to add a VO to a track or something. I do no web design, no 3D, no animation. I also use microsoft office heavily and have a very large Microsoft Outlook identity size, have most of the office programs open at all times. I use the machine all day long 5 says a week as a marketing director, some days I am doing design and photo editing all day, other days it is just outlook and excel. So, sometimes I really tax it but I get the feeling that I will not be able to utilize the 8 cores. Some tell me that just having the cores makes the whole machine faster but I just dont know. Any recommendations? AM I better off with the top of the line iMac or the base model iMac pro?? I can't find enough information on whether or not adobe programs are able to utilize the additional cores.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Photoshop community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a good discussion on Macs for Photographers: One Photographer's Search for the Right Apple Computer | B&H Explora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines