URDU Jameel Noori Nastaleeq Font kerning issue

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!
I am facing this problem alot now. Whenever I type in URDU in Photoshop the text feel distorted and shows kerning issues. While same font works totally fine on Microsoft Word. I am sharing side by side screenshot for comparison.

Thanks

Photoshop vs MS Word - Jameel Noori NastaleeqPhotoshop vs MS Word - Jameel Noori Nastaleeq

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the same font? Because the long line seems decidedly different in several details. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
iamUzair AUTHOR
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's the same font. That's the problem URDU/ARABIC fonts look different on MS Word and Photoshop CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the font?

Do other Adobe applicatiosn like Indesign and Illustrator also display the issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Photoshop > Preferences > Type > Choose Text Engine setting? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i got the same issue anyone know how can solve that issue... Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines