Highlighted

URGENT! help needed with extracting dark parts from an image!

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

How can I achieve something like this in photoshop that is automated and doesn't require much time to edit, especially for the bottom two images? Since I need to do this in large quantities ASAP.

Any help is truly appreciated!

120091426_708898546636290_7009855896781268471_n.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

URGENT! help needed with extracting dark parts from an image!

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

How can I achieve something like this in photoshop that is automated and doesn't require much time to edit, especially for the bottom two images? Since I need to do this in large quantities ASAP.

Any help is truly appreciated!

120091426_708898546636290_7009855896781268471_n.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. My approach would be to go to select>color range and select the dark areas. Adjusting the fuzziness and range till I get a good result. That way I can seperate the areas areas I want from the rest of the image. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions? This doesn't seem to work for most photos or just takes too much time to edit...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.10.26 PM.png

There is no quick and easy method of handling images such as these. For example, with the sample image shown here Blend If will take you part of the way. The following steps would involve brushwork and Curves. Note that even with this approach as a starting point such elements as the claws will require special additional handlng. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not too late, for the 4th image on the bottom row I did Image/Auto Tone, then Image/Adjustment/Brightness-Contrast and increased the Brightness with the slider. I then went over some of the artifacts with the Blur Tool at 14%. I did only the last image on the bottom in case it was too late to even help. It was a quick once-over, and I can improve it if there's still time.

adobe forum2.jpg

https://www.murrayslawannex.com/ https://www.behance.net/lesliemurray

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0