• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT issue resize image

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must send artwork for a contest this week and it is supposed to be 30 x 14.60 cm. Whatever I try (I clicked on the link button to make sure I do not preserve the proportions) the image can't be resized and is still 30 x 14.61 cm. 

Please can someone help me ASAP ? It would be really nice ! 

Many thanks

JBRx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital images don't have physical dimensions, but they can have a ppi value (optional metadata) that is used to calculate physical dimensions. Pixel dimensions divided by ppi = dimensions in inches.

Photoshop does the math for you, and lets you work with physical dimensions in both centimeters and inches, although it's working with pixels behind the scenes.

The combination of 14.61 cm and your chosen ppi probably results in an image with fractions of a pixel, which is not possible. Pixels have to be whole. So the closest you'll get to 14.60 will be 14.61.

I wouldn't worry about this, it's only 1/10 of a millimeter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope I won't be disqualified. 

Adobe agent contacted me, they tried themselves. They could fix the issue with the big size but not with the small one. 

They said they would come back to me, I really hope they will but anyway, I had to send the Artwork today as it was the deadline. I really do thank you for your reply.

Have a lovemy day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines