• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Actions or Scripting in Photoshop to Batch Process Assembly Line Pictures, Is Chrome scratched?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for some advice/pointers from the community to help get me started, claim what I am attempting is possible or not.....Using either Actions or Scripting in Photoshop I would like to be able to create a text or excel log for which pictures (all identical pictures from the same assembly line) have a scratch in the chrome region or not (example pictures have some exposure issues I am also trying to work through).  Example images are below, would potentially like to preselect a certian area of image that chrome should be present to check for scratches or not.  Thank you for your time and efforts regarding this matter!!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images do not seem to have been taken with identical settings which makes a meaningdul comparison unlikely. 

I doubt Photoshop is the go-to application for such tasks but I think it might be possible to automate it – I am not sure if an error-rate of 0 is possible, though. 

With some filtering it might be possible to isolate the difference with the Histogram for example. 

But without better example images it seems difficult to test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support, yes an error rate is to be assumed as the real world has to have some form of tolerance. Would there being any advantages of using another adobe product, like AI? 

Thank you for your time and efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Would there being any advantages of using another adobe product, like AI?«

No, I just assume that in industrial evaluation proprietary software solutions for these issues are available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to be difficult at best, there isn't anything built in that would be able to look for scratches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The plain Histogram might not be able to provide a distinction between a couple of specks and an actual scratch so some pre-processing may indeed be necessary. 

Possibly creating Work Paths from Selections … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines