• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of space bar kills all the tools in photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having this weird problem where I am doing my retouch, moving around the image with the spacebar and then cloning or whatever. Suddenly, the cursor turns into the regular pointer cursor (not one of the photoshop tools) and all the tools stop working.

I can select a different tool, but it doesn't do anything on the image.

This happens whether I am using a wacom or just the mouse.

It is not consistent. I can go for 15 minutes before it stops. I can go for 3 minutes.

It is annoying as heck!

I am on ps 21.1.0

Mac 10.14.6

Wacom 6.3.38-3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacebar is the keyboard shortcut for the hand tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. That is what I have been using. However, when it fritzes out, the hand tool is not highlighted. Nor does it actually work at that point.

When the cursor changes to the plain arrow, it stops moving the image around.

For example, just now, I held the space bar, shifted the image to a new area to work on. Before I got to the desired area, the cursor switched to the arrow and wouldn't go back to the hand cursor. Nor would any other tool work. And, I couldn't move the image further.

I can switch to a different tool by mousing over and clicking. But, the cursor doesn't change and that tool has no effect on the image.

I have to quit and restart photoshop. At that point, the last tool I had selected before the quit is active and I can go on with my edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error as well...

You use space bar to move around the canvas then it stops and switches to we will say the path selection arrow and then no tool can be used and you cant do anything. Only fix i have found is you have to close the document and reopen it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was my only solution as well, which isn't a very good solution at all.

what kind of system are you on? Mac or PC? And are you running a Wacom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac at work along with a Wacom. I haven't worked at home enough on my PC to see if happens there also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Has anyone found a solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this besides closing the document and re-opening? This keeps happening to me while using the brush and space bar and my wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Preferences > Tools... and uncheck "Enable Flick Panning" off. Does the problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines