• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Windows Ink Issue with photshop CC 2015.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Adobe.

Can you please look into this issue:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY enoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opasity don't work.

I don't want to complain to much, but you should adress this issue, we are paying for your software!

And no! It's not the driver, I use many other drawing software and there is no issue there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread. Since we gave the workarounds, Microsoft whose previous update caused the issue, have now issued a further update with a fix to Windows Ink.

See details here:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This helped me a lot after my wins 10 updated and freaked up my wacom intous pro and cc 2018. This solution was a god's send!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this solution. 

I had this problem on Windows 10 1709, using Photoshop CC2018 with a UGEE 2150 graphics display tablet.

I almost lost my mind over this one, but your solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Trevor.Dennis. You saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my savior, thx a lot dude. Just thx a lot....may the force be with u dude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. A million thanks.

Here it is Spring of 2022 and you still have to do this?  Windows INK is ugly and screws up the use of the pen in other apps, it should be assumed that many pro users will want to avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL a problem in 2017!!!!! How can this not be a priority in the developers team! I am working in a professional environment with latest drivers and yet this is still an issue since I have memory! bug fix this now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man! You are my hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your the Man bro ... I have been doing Photoshop with this problem since 2015 . I dont understand why Adobe didnt that . Anyway thanks lot bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just fyi, this happened to me yesterday after a windows update using Photoshop cc 2018. i was about to lose my mind when I stumbled across this fix.

is this something thats likely to be fixed either by microsoft, wacom, or adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also losing my mind over this issue. Adding the PSUserConfig.txt file to my settings has NOT given me back my pen sensitivity. I make a living on my tablet and this is maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 the PSUserConfig.txt file isn't restoring my pen sensitivity.

Disabling Windows Ink solved brush issues, however pen sensitivity isn't functioning in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@denniscaleroart, @Snriac3, @Boarguts - downgrade one or two versions down from CreativeCloud will fix the issue at least for me. I have now 19.1.1 and wcoom bamboo and it work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading worked for me too, but come on guys!  Fix this!  You make us pay for the cloud subscription and now I can't benefit from the latest innovations in PS.  I'm especially disappointed by the the person who said PS was never designed for drawing and painting, but for photos. Whatever the initial intent, Adobe made what has become the premier software for my illustration work.  No excuses!  Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If this has just recently started for you there has been a windows update (KB4093112)  which has caused an issue with the tablets and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave and JJmack for this solution!  I am now running the latest update to PS 2018, Windows 10 and able to use my Intuos 5 tablet pen with full pressure sensitivity and no lag. I think the updates must have made the difference because the UseSystemStylus 0 process did not work when I tried it weeks ago.  Now my illustration project is late, and I think I gave myself carpel tunnel struggling to work with the pen tablet, but at least it is working now.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread. Since we gave the workarounds, Microsoft whose previous update caused the issue, have now issued a further update with a fix to Windows Ink.

See details here:

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So: many Windows 10 updates since the one linked to above and the issue persists!

Go with the "PSUserConfig.txt" method.

(FWIW Ink in Photoshop was not the problem, it was how it screwed up the pen in other apps, thus it had to go.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(I take that back, it works so much better now with Ink disabled and this hack.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  I can now use pressure without having the issues the Windows Ink brings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't have a settings folder top save that file in. I use an old version of PS Elements. After I open the version folder, there's 2 folders to choose from: Editor or Presets. Editor has an error log text file in it and Presets has a bunch of subfolders. Which should I choose? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines