Using A to control a live shape, Prevents movement

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.screencast.com/t/DKj0EiDySSH7 

Been using shapes in photoshop for a long time. Up until now, using the A tool instead of the move tool, I was able to move a shape to where I wanted it. Now it seems with live shapes, that is no longer possible or it's just really having a hard time. 

I'm not sure why I have to switch to an entirely different tool now to move a shape, where it used to be as long as all anchor points are selected, it could be moved. I have scoured online and searched for a way to turn off live shapes entirely but haven't been able to find a solution. Also merging two shapes didn't seem to turn a live shape into a regular shape but that is probably on me. 

Is this intended? It seems like there are multiple steps involved with shape layers now where it used to be really straight forward. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using A to control a live shape, Prevents movement

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.screencast.com/t/DKj0EiDySSH7 

Been using shapes in photoshop for a long time. Up until now, using the A tool instead of the move tool, I was able to move a shape to where I wanted it. Now it seems with live shapes, that is no longer possible or it's just really having a hard time. 

I'm not sure why I have to switch to an entirely different tool now to move a shape, where it used to be as long as all anchor points are selected, it could be moved. I have scoured online and searched for a way to turn off live shapes entirely but haven't been able to find a solution. Also merging two shapes didn't seem to turn a live shape into a regular shape but that is probably on me. 

Is this intended? It seems like there are multiple steps involved with shape layers now where it used to be really straight forward. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, having two shapes close together now makes it really hard to select only one with the transform box always present. This causes the transform hover tools to appear and I just want to select a shape not rotate it lol. Maybe at least there is a way to turn off the auto transform box using the A tool? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0