• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Stock Overlays in Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I puchased a standard license for several images tagged as Overlays and Transparent.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get rid of the checkerboard so that only the bokeh remains.  Adobe Stock Images only allows downloading the bokeh overlay as .JPEG or .AI; I have tried both.  I am trying to add the bokeh as a top layer to another .JPEG image for printable marketing materials.

I have also verified that it does not print with a transparent checkerboard as some other community posts have stated.  The checkerboard is very much visible when printing in any of the following formats in Photoshop; JPEG, PNG, GIF.

Can anyone assist?  Having never used an overlay before now (new to Photoshop,) I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.  Thanks in advance!!

Adobe Stock Overlay Image FILE #:  341112057

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ai is an Illustrator file and you may have to hide the Layer with the checkerboard in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use JPEG because it may be for preview purpose only and probably it does contain checkerboard to indicate transparency. Another possible solution is to use JPEG if that file does not have checerboard but you must use blend mode or advanced blending to remove/hide white partof image. As already mentioned by @c.pfaffenbichler you may need to hide layer with checkerboard in Illustrator then import file in Photoshop.

Can you post screenshot of file open in Illustartor with Layers panel visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview image will not show transparency. The AI download is simply a jpg placed in an AI file.

Have you actaully purchased the images are just previewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have purchased and the checkered boxes are still there in the AI file in Adobe Illustrator, then contact Adobe Support to let them know the file has issues and they will need to refund your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In stock vector images the checkerboard is sometimes added as a Layer of its own and one can remove it in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im hoping the purchased version has the layers as normal.

Right now the preview shows it as a flattened, placed raster graphic with no layers.

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen a stock asset not build with correct transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines