• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using enhance in filter raw.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to use the enhance function for a jpeg file in camera raw filter, I have set the file handling to automatic open jpeg in raw in preferences. Opening the jpeg in photoshop and select camera raw filter does not give the enhance option. But in this way I keep changing this preference all the time to get back to normal photoshop and raw. There should be an easier way to do this I think/hope.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can open infividual jpgs in Camera Raw by manually changing the Format: 

openJpgAsRaw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw filter is a very limited subset of the full Camera Raw processor (the Photoshop plugin). The filter does not support these functions, you have to do it in the full ACR processor.

If you set the preference to "open jpegs with settings", any jpeg that already has ACR metadata will continue to open through ACR. Without ACR metadata, it goes directly to Photoshop. Ctrl+R from Bridge will force-open it in ACR regardless.

All that said, enhance and super resolution are designed to work on raw data. They will have limited effect on RGB files, and jpeg is particularly unsuited because of the jpeg compression artifacts. Just a heads up, don't expect too much from the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this makes sense. But I like to try to see if I can improve the quality before a crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines