• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using gradients and color theme from Creative Cloud Library

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the library tab I click the "+" sign and selected "create from image".

I then click on colour theme and gradient. I also grab the reference image into my cloud library.

Now I can't figure out how to use those asset.

I know for an image I can right click and select "place layers" or "place link" but not for the other assets.

When I drag the gradient or colour theme on the canvas I see the small square box and + sign but nothing seems to happen.

I check the gradient section to see if it would be copied in my local library but it's not.

So I can't figure how to use this feature.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As you want to use the assets from the Creative Cloud library, please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/creative-cloud-libraries-sync-share-assets.html#Workwithli...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that didn't help. I followed the instruction about colour theme and don't see the option of  "Add to Swatches or Add Theme to Swatches" when I right click or in the context menu. There is also no info about gradients. Also that info is for In Design, I'm using PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can use color themes just like normal colors. You just select an item on the canvas, then click on one of the colors in the color theme to apply it (you can also right click and choose between fill, stroke, or overlay). If an item on the canvas is not selected, it will just update the foreground color in the left side panel. Gradients: Make sure you're upgraded to Photoshop 2020 (v 21.0) to be able to apply Gradients. You should be able to select an item on canvas and click on the gradient to apply it as well.

-- Fawn B.
Adobe CC Libraries Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I too have the exact same issue as ironchef_marc and the linked article does not work.  It appears there is no right click option in <Libaries: Color Theme>.  This effectively means that any work to get the colour theme ready for use is wasted.  For example, it's not possible to:

1) add the theme to swatches

2) select a colour from the theme in the library using the eyedropper tool 

3) use gradients

Sorry to say that this seems to be a bit backward step compared to the way the previous operation of the <Windows: Extensions: Adobe Color Theme>  used to work. 

Appreciate that this is a developing area but perhaps you could also explain how it is possible to obtain a complementary color to one in the library (or swatch), which again, was very easy under the old method? 

Using the latest cloud version of Photoshop release 22.5.0 on a PC.  Any help gratefully received!

Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines