• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using hand tool shortcut (spacebar) causes current window to stop drawing/updating - Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Photoshop 2021 on a Mac mini. This problem also occurred while using Photoshop 2020.

If I use the spacebar (the hand tool shortcut), the current tab/window will often "freeze" and refuse to do anything. If I go to another tab/window it will work properly, but the initial one that froze will never recover. I can save whatever I'm working on, open it back up and continue working, but this gets annoying when it happens over and over. For instance, if I'm using the pen tool to draw a path and using the spacebar to move the image around, I will often have this freezing issue every five to ten uses of the hand tool.

I've tried toggling off various settings but nothing has helped. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html#AdjustpreferencesinPhotoshop

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines