• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using hp now can I use my account on a mac?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am presently using a hp laptop but am gettig my daughters mac book fixed. Can I use my account on both?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

You can install and activate on both and you can use on either PC. However your license is to you personally and you cannot allow others (including your daughter) to use it.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

Extract :

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(C) enable or allow others to use the Services or Software using your account information;

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a subscription, yes you can. You can install Creative Cloud applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system. You can activate the Creative cloud only on two computers, but you can use the software only on one computer at a time. 

Further informations you'll find here: On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription? (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However you only use photoshop one of the machines at any at given time.  You can not legally use Photoshop an both machine at the same time using one or two hands. You have a single use agreement with Adobe. When you daughters machine is  fixed you should remove Photoshop from your HP Laptop if its your daughters subscription. If you both have subscriptions you have no issue.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install and activate on both and you can use on either PC. However your license is to you personally and you cannot allow others (including your daughter) to use it.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

Extract :

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(C) enable or allow others to use the Services or Software using your account information;

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract :

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(E) use the Software to construct any kind of database or dataset;

What is a dataset?
A dataset (or data set) is a collection of data, usually presented in tabular form. Each column represents a particular variable. Each row corresponds to a given member of the dataset in question. It lists values for each of the variables, such as height and weight of an object. Each value is known as a datum.

So can not create image files Section 6.2 is typical Lawyer text. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No more than one user can use a single-user-license Adobe product."

ADB04F51-56D9-41FA-AC82-2B0AAC78B213.jpeg

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

JJMack_0-1614643328192.png

Only one user is running Photoshop on a normal Windows Machine.  Remote use is not normal on windows machines. One user normally uses a windows machine. Windows runs on Personal Computer which are use by one user at a time.  They are not Mainframes. As I wrote Section 6.2 is typical Laywer text.   The courts need interpret agreements normal humans can not. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines