• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Huion H610 Pro Tablet Photoshop CC, No Pen Pressure, Please Help!

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Huion H610 Pro graphics tablet in Photoshop CC and I have no pen pressure.  I've done a ton of research tying to figure this out.  Most of what I find is related to Wacom products.  I did find an article about creating a text doc with some commands about allowing RTS but that didn't do anything for me.

System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.2.1 20141014.r.257 2014/10/14:23:59:59 CL 987299  x64

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit

Version: 6.2

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 2

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2095 MHz

Built-in memory: 4003 MB

Free memory: 1713 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 3295 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

3D Multitone Printing: Disabled.

Windows 2x UI: Disabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=768, right=1366

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Basic

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

Tablet Drivers:

TabletDriver version 9.0

Window Driver Package - Graphic Tablet (WinUsb) USBdevice (04/10/2014 8.33.30.0)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

FYI, I had the same problem with my new Huion h610Pro in Photoshop CC, and it turns out the solution is to just check the "Support TabletPC" box in the current Huion Driver. Apparently this is a thing with Wacom as well (although the specific language might be different), and has something to do with Photoshop requiring input from something linked to the Tablet PC features of Windows 8/8.1. I know nothing about any of this, so I'm probably messing up the technical details, but since the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the makers of your tablet.

But be warned, many of those copy-cat tablet makers don't provide usable drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris what exactly do you mean by 'copy-cat tablets' are you suggesting that Photoshop 2014 will only function with an over-priced Wacom tablet. If this is the case could it be made obvious in Adobe Photoshop terms and conditions so that we are aware that a cartel exists. As a pertinent aside, the pen sensitivety of my Huion H610 pro will work perfectly with Photoshop CC, but not the on 2014 version so the problem appears to lie with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop only requires a working driver, not a particular brand, and works well with most tablets.

But the brand mentioned is a cheap clone tablet, with a history of driver bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, if a tablet recognizes sensitivity in other programs but not ADOBE programs it is tablets issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, given the way that tablet's drivers are known to work.

Again, if the tablet driver works correctly, you would already have pressure support in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I had the same problem with my new Huion h610Pro in Photoshop CC, and it turns out the solution is to just check the "Support TabletPC" box in the current Huion Driver. Apparently this is a thing with Wacom as well (although the specific language might be different), and has something to do with Photoshop requiring input from something linked to the Tablet PC features of Windows 8/8.1. I know nothing about any of this, so I'm probably messing up the technical details, but since the solution is so simple, has to do with the way Photoshop works with Microsoft, and is a common option in even "real" tablet manufacturer drivers, I figured you should know this for future reference. BTW, in future responses regarding lack of pressure sensitivity in Photoshop, you should probably also mention the fact that pressure can be enabled/disabled by the tool modifier options at the top of the screen and in the brush dialogue, and that this should be checked before you dismiss it as a driver problem.

Oh, and the Huion h610Pro works great now that that's sorted!

Cheers,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I tried taking your advice but it won't let me check the support tablet pc box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SupportTabletPC option worked for me,  thanks mjbainbridge  , using the 610pro.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should definitely be part of some guide for tablets in general! Great find, and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mjbainbridge worked for me on a Huion 1060 plus tablet. The tablet is now working great! Did have to remove the Wacom driver before I could install the Huion driver.

After doing this the tablet worked in all my other graphic programs but not in PS CC.

Tried all sorts of solutions with Photoshop but checking the Support TabletPC box within the Huion driver did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I have been totally frustrated following different threads on fixing this problem. Who would have thought it had such a simple and effective fix, just check the "Support TabletPC" box. Happy Holidays and rejoice. I know I will now that this problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find though that in other programs checking this option will

cause problems. In ArtRage the tablet will not work properly with the

Support TabletPC checked. Turning it of solves the problem.

Greetings

Oscar Bourier  , Digital Artist  Email:

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, the only difference being I am using a Mac. The Mac Huion Driver doesn't appear to have the "Support Tablet PC" option anywhere. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait where did you find the check for "Support TabletPC". I have a new huion and I think it's part of my problem too but I don't know where to find that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the driver from here?

http://www.huion-tablet.com/download/

They don't say the drivers date, but maybe they have been updated since you got your tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the drivers for wacom tablets and uninstall everything for your tablet. Reconnect the tablet and then install everything again. This is what I did for my tablet when it wasn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how you can set a Huion tablet pen pressure on Photoshop CC

Adjusting Pen Settings In Photoshop

1. Even if you do configure the global settings of your pen tablet, Photoshop will have to be configured personally to actually make use it. To do so, open up Adobe Photoshop and then create a New Document of any size by going through File>New. Go through Window>Brushes to open up the Brushes Panel and click on Shape Dynamics. You will then have to change the Control under Size Jitter to Pen Pressure and that should do it!

If you now try to draw using any of the brushes you will notice that the line gets thicker the harder you press the pen against the tablet.

It takes a bit of mastering though to get perfect with the pen so practice it over and over. I am still trying to master how to sign my signature with it. Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all these suggestions, including uninstalling and reinstalling. I run on windows 10, PS CS6. Huion H610 Pro. It works wonderfully in Mischief and Gimp, but not Photoshop, which is my favorite program. I have changed settings in the tablet and in PS. Nothing has happened. My "fake" tablet works great, I defiantly think it something in PS.

I also have a mouse plugged in if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also works fine in Paint Tool SAI

UPDATE: unplugging the mouse simply made it so I couldn't choose to run on pen pressure at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I' having the exact same problem. the tablet H610pro was actually working perfectly fine with photoshop cs6 on windows 7, but when I switched over to 10, neither the old nor the newest driver allows the tablet to function properly in photoshop while it works fine everewhere else. So I think actually windows 10 is another element to the issue. Its really frustrating since I really need this thing to function properly. I think the larger companies feel the burden falls on Huion because I don't think adobe or Microsoft is going to do anything about it, but I hope to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: HUION610 pro windows 10 PROBLEM FIXED.. NOT complicated solution... at least for me.

When I switched over to windows 10 from 7 nothing worked, old driver, new driver, support tablet or not, and I wasn't going to go and delete a dll file if I absolutely didn't have to. The issue for me is that I have two monitors and I had previously set windows 7 (and my card/system as well maybe?) to have one monitor, my right monitor, as my 'main' , the way 'main' seems to function seems a bit different in 10, but I had to tell it which monitor was main again, and once I did everything got fixed, (except for how my right monitor is main now, I don't why I originally did this). Pressure works fine and cursor is on point. SO check that your windows monitors 'main' is the same as your graphics.video card and the driver, or whatever else. Sorry I'm not too techy. I didn't check this when switching from 7 to 10 because I thought it would be automatic with all settings including which monitor was main as it did with everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this solution worked for me.

I have Windows 7 and just bought a Huion Kamvas GT-191 and set it up as my main monitor. Pressure sensitivity worked great in Illustrator (newest version), but when I went to Photoshop (also newest version), my lines wouldn't show up at all--but I would see that I was making strokes in the History. It was like the lines were invisible. To make things weirder, if I used my mouse, the strokes showed up fine.

In my version of the Huion drivers (also the newest they have), "Use Windows Ink" is checked (which I assume replaced the SupportTabletPC option everyone else mentioned), but there was an unchecked option for "Game Accelerate". If I checked it, my pen strokes started showing up on the screen--but without sensitivity!

So I saw your suggestion and recalled that during my reading about unrelated troubleshooting issues with the Huion, an article said to make the Huion a right-side monitor. Not quite the same advice, but oddly similar. So I made my regular monitor my Main, closed Photoshop, reopened it, and suddenly the strokes were appearing AND had sensitivity.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been struggling with this one a Huion 580 on Windows 7 Home Premium (adobe photoshop CS5.1, just for specs) - but a friend helped me out, and I think we've got a way to make it work for you - and any other wayward internet searcher who's fallen into the same boat.

You're gonna want to uninstall all the drivers you have for it now, delete the TabletDriver folder from your programs, and delete wintab.dll from system32. Then turn off your antivirus (all of them) because they might block or mess with the installation. Then reinstall the driver (make sure you're getting the newest one from Huion's website), reboot, and then plug in. I spent two days crying at my screen, and deleting that wintab.dll file suddenly made everything click, and now I finally have pen pressure again.

I can't say whether this will work with newer versions of Windows, Photoshop, or other Tablets, but by god I cried with relief when that pen finally tapered. Hopefully this helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines