• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using keyboard for transforming/scaliong an object

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved from Photoshop CS6 to Photoshop CC2021, and as I am getting familiar with the interface, I found one thing that is very anoying to me. To transform/scale a selected object while constraining proportions, for as long as I can remember, in a PC it was done by pressing the Shift+drag on a corner of the selected object and will scale down maintaing proportion.

Now, in the new Photoshop CC2021, to scale keeping proportion, the keystores have changed to Alt+drag,   

WHY???  Is like chaning the keystrokes for copy and paste that have existed forever!!  No need to fix what is not broken.
Is there a way in which I can change the keystroke of the constrain function back to Shift+drag?

Thanks for any assitance you can give me to solve this issue.

Rocio LB

System Information:

Photoshop CC 2021 v22.2

Desktop computer

Windows 10 64-bit

32GB RAM

Rocío López-Bretzlaff
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change has been made to Alt+drag. It keeps a reference point not moved. What changed in a few versions back was shift key now toggles proportinality of the transformation in free transformation mode. The setting is in the tool options bar in transformation mode. After you do Ctrl+t, you will see options in the bar at the top. Notice a connector icon between W and H fields in the middle. Clcik it to deselect the icon if selected. (It was selected by default.) Deselected connector icon means transformation is not proportional. The setting sticks. Now shift key works as before. Shift+drag will make the transformaion proportional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ktaki,thank you for your reply. I tried what you have suggested and still I don't understand why having the interconnected icon selected with result and transforming no preserving the proportions. That is exactly what sign is supposed to mean. However, I know what you meant, because after deselecting the icon I was able to transform keeping proportions by Presing the Shift-key while adjusting the corner in or out to resize. So, yes, this is a solution. Thanks!

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can go to Edit>Preferences>General (windows) or Photoshop>Preferences>General (mac) and check Use Legacy Free Transform.

leg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, thank you for your reply. I think I will follow your suggestion as it solves the problem once and for all for a person that has been woking with the Shift key+drag, for many, many years. I am glad that option was available. Done and happy!!  🙂

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines