Highlighted

Using Multiple Languages in Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a variety of languages in Photoshop for various projects, with combinations of the different languages in single images.  I run into a problem when I try to add languages like Hebrew, where Photoshop reverses the character order.

If I copy and paste my text into something like notepad (working on a Windows 10 machine presently), it retains the text order and recognizes it is right to left.  When copied into Photoshop, it inverts the character order so that the text is unusable.  I know that I can go into my preferences and change the default language option to get the right character order, but then my English, Spanish, Greek, etc. have the same problem as the Hebrew, Arabic, etc. characters had.

Does anyone know of a solution (maybe a way to set this up with a character style or the like) so that I can toggle the text's language style per text object?  If not, I'd love to have that as a feature in the future.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Multiple Languages in Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a variety of languages in Photoshop for various projects, with combinations of the different languages in single images.  I run into a problem when I try to add languages like Hebrew, where Photoshop reverses the character order.

If I copy and paste my text into something like notepad (working on a Windows 10 machine presently), it retains the text order and recognizes it is right to left.  When copied into Photoshop, it inverts the character order so that the text is unusable.  I know that I can go into my preferences and change the default language option to get the right character order, but then my English, Spanish, Greek, etc. have the same problem as the Hebrew, Arabic, etc. characters had.

Does anyone know of a solution (maybe a way to set this up with a character style or the like) so that I can toggle the text's language style per text object?  If not, I'd love to have that as a feature in the future.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We work on bi-directional and multilingual documents often, having a mix of Right-to-Left and Left-to-Right text in the same line, paragraph and story is tricky, but it is doable in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign only by having the support for that Language eg. Arabic in Adobe application.

I'm going to suggest one thing that may suit you. Adobe CC desktop application allows you to download multiple copies of Photoshop, so for instance you do have currently the version known as English (International), or English (North America) in installed on your machine, in the Adobe CC application, you can change Language to English (يدعم العربية) to support Arabic and then you can go ahead and download a little older version of Photoshop to work on such English/Arabic jobs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0