• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using old serial number from Adobe - is it still valid?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop direct from Adobe back in 2012 and now wish to use it again after a coouple of years without. I have managed to get the latest Creative Cloud and 7 day trial (21.2.2.20200807r289) version of photoshop but cannot find out how to input my 24 digit serial number. Where am I going wrong? Any help very much appreciated

Norm

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would have been CS6.  If you Activate CS6 in 2012 It would be registered to you Account at Adobe.com. Goto Adobe.com sign in with your Adobe User ID and password. Manage your account and click on Plans.  The Click My products.  On that Page you should see your Products. Some versions seem to be blank but you should see the 2012 Date on your Photoshop product.  The Platform your licence is for and your serial number. When you install CS6 you will be asked to enter your serial. If yoru CS6 was an Upgrade you will also need your CS5 serial. from 2010.  If you do not enter a serial it will install as a trial version.  CS6 needs its updates be sure to install them after you install CS6.  Your serial is only good for CS6 Windows or Mac.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what JJMack said, the serial keys purchased for software with perpetual license are not valid for Creative Cloud apps. Creative Cloud is subscription based and has no use of keys. So if you decide to use the new version of Photoshop, you will have to purchase a subscription.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines