• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using PS 7 in Windows 10 with a 2tb primary drive

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to use PS 7 in Windows 10 with a 2tb primary drive. I have read most of the older replies but with no avail. I have upgraded my computer to a 2tb primary drive and we know that won't let it work. So I reinstalled it on my D drive, 1tb secondary drive in my computer and told the preferences to start there first, it still won't work (scratch disk full) I have run it as an admin, no luck. Partioning doesn't work.  oh and I tried 7.1 patch.. no luck. Any other suggestions?

If I were to upgrade without subscription or changing the drives and to try and keep basicily the same tools what is the next version?

Thank you in advance to all

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only perpetual version now sold is Photoshop Elements.  

Photoshop CC is subscription only, but the Photography Plan gives good value with both Photoshop CC and Lightroom.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to run ps 7 as an Adminstrator to use another drive as a Scratch Disk

by holding down the Ctrl+Alt keys just after starting the launch of ps 7 to get the

Scratch Disk Preferences where you can point to another smaller partition or drive.

sdi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see my replies and original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 is so old before ACR . Photoshop Scripting was an optional downloadable Plug-in back than and disk were small. You will most likely need to partition  your large disk and create some small  less then 4GB partitions that Photoshop version 7 can access. You  well also need to install your PS7 into one of the small partitions the installer on the CD most likely can not access a disk larger the 4GB.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried removing the app from my 2tb primary, then installing it on my D drive 1tb and running it as a admin. have the scratch disk look at D first. No luck...

PS 7 worked with my original 1tb ssd so I kno wthe program has that limit, I just don't understand why I can't get it to work on the 1tb D drive?  or if a patch has ever been written

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS7 is dead. Its time to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really there are plugins, filters and actions that where purchased and not compatible with later versions is a reason for many. Be nice if software companies would keep things compatible between versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop 7 is 20 years old give or take. Computing has come a LONG way since then, and any plug ins or filters should have been updated numerous times for compatibility. Often, there is no technical way to just "keep things compatible." That's what updates and new versions are for among other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set the Scratch Disk, only set to the 1 TB drive. Don't set any other drives as second, third or fourth.

Also since 1TB is right at the limit you might have to put some files on the drive to get it slightly below 1TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be able to install a smaller HD and achive same (not sure)
This is how I did it to get access to some old Actions and plugins.
If you can shrink your drive to less than 1 tb.
Type mmc in search, run, add disk managment snapin, shrink disk.
Extract iso to its own folder on C, run from there as Admin.
Once installed expand your disk leaving 20-50 gb.
Using the unallocated space, create a simple volume,format.
Start PS7 and hold control and Alt, assign scratch disk to new volume.
You will need to save any work to the ne volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines