• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Tilde Key to toggle between Brush and Erase

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me, I can't get the "tilde" key to toggle between Brush and Erase. I am in Brush mode, not Erase mode as instructed.  I have tried pressing and holding the tilde only and with each of the additional keys individually (fn, control, option, command).  It changes nothing. 

I am using a MacBook Pro (early 2015) with Catalina 10.15.6 and the Photoshop 2020 21.2.2 and U.S. English keyboard.  

I have found no answers to my problem in previous posts or online or on YouTube.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it working before? Has anything changed? Did you update or install something new that may have interefered? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I am just learning Photoshop on my Mac, so I have no previous experience.  I have not downloaded anything that would be interfering, in fact I haven't downloaded a new program outside of the Adobe Suite in a very long time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to note that the tilde key works just fine in other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was working did you try resetting all Photoshop tools and if that does not fix try resetting your Photoshop preferences,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started learning Photoshop so the only thing I have really done is create a workspace for myself.  There was never a time where it was working and then it stopped.  It just doesn't work.  The conventional method doesn't work either.  After doing some brushing, when I click on the eraser and then try to choose the same brush stroke (as I was instructed as an alternative) it immediately changes right back to the brush tool.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines