• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Timeline in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an animator much more used to adobe animate, but I have some work I'm wanting to do that would benefit much more from Photoshops brushes. I just tried using the timeline for the first time and I feel like this will work well, my only issue is the layers panel. Is there any way for only the frames that are currently visible to be seen in the layers panel?

Example, I currently have 10 frames. Each frame has 2 layers of drawings on it, meaning I now have 20 layers in the layer panel. Each is only visible for a frame, and I will need to add many more, so what I need is a way to filter this so it only shows me what layers are currently on the frame the playhead is at.

In case that's not clear, I'm not talking about ticking the eye symbol and making a layer invisible, I mean the layer itself needs to not be shown in the layers panel. There seems to be filters for what layers are there but I can't find some combination yet to achieve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could employ a stringent naming convention; that way you could use Filtering by name. 

(Both Layers could also have the exact same name, by the way.)

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 08.45.49.pngScreenshot 2021-02-19 at 08.46.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, I guess if nothing else that'll work. Really wishing there was something a little more automatic. I've never quite used plugins I wonder if something like this exists there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines