• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UXP documenation for developers?

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for all of the documents needed to learn how to create plugins with UXP.  I'm a developer of commercial scripts and panels and have been doing that for 10 years now as a career.  I want to start learning UXP so I can switch my programs over to UXP plugins.

I really like the potential I see with UXP.  The concepts of how it works is much better than CEP.  However, trying to learn how to implement it, I'm stuck because I can't seem to find all of the documentation needed.

There are quite a few UXP plugins already available in the browse plugins section for Photoshop.  Judging by what those plugins can do, I'm wondering how the developers actually learned how to implement the features using UXP.  Is there more documentation somewhere than what I'm not finding?

So far, I've found these 3 documents from the links below. There is enough contained in the documents to get started create a UIs and maybe do some very simple tasks through the DOM.  However, there isn't much information on the DOM beyond several basic Photoshop features. There is mention of "batchPlay" and a batchPlay logger.  However, the link to the batchPlay logger gives a 404 error on github.

So right now I can get to the point of having a UI with buttons and other inputs, along with event listens in JS.  However, how to program what goes inside the event listeners is a  "black box" to me at this point.

There are UXP plugins docs I have found.  Does anyone know of any other documents available?
Also, is there another community somewhere dedicated to UPX development?

Plugin APIs
Photoshop JS API
Getting Started with UXP for Photoshop

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPX is still in beta, for the most part. You can join the beta at this link:

Photoshop Extensibility Enters a New Era Soon: How to Get Involved Early

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines