V22.1 was working just fine until today.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I get the program error message. Is there another update coming to help with this? Nothing has changed on my systems and I do not understand the reason V22.1 stopped working. Please advise.

Many thanks!

Jean

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

V22.1 was working just fine until today.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I get the program error message. Is there another update coming to help with this? Nothing has changed on my systems and I do not understand the reason V22.1 stopped working. Please advise.

Many thanks!

Jean

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the previous version and it works fine. When I reinstall 22.1, I continue to get the program error message, it creates an issue as I have to restart my system to get rid of it, and I have to then reinstall the previous version. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this issue. Please let me know when you have it sorted. 

Many thanks!

Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue, hope they find a solution to this bug as fast as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a reply about this and I hope you find it helpful. It worked for me. All the best! Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I messaged Photoshop on Facebook and got the following fix:

"You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps."

It helped. It works now. I hope this will help anyone else with the same issue! 

All the best!

Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling your GPU is never a Fix.  Its a diagnostic step to test if the Problems are GPU related. A functioning GPU is requited for some of Photoshop features.   Without a GPU enabled for use not all of Photoshop is operational.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response JJMack. I completely agree that this is less than satisfactory. It does, however, get me over the hurdle and allows me to use it to some extent. I am hopeful that they will come up with a permanent fix to this soon. All the best! Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for sharing this temporary solution, it definitely worked for me too. Can't disagree with what @JJMack said, hope they can bring a concrete fix shortly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that the fix might be coming from you having to purchase a new videocard, and not from Adobe...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai aussi cette impression, car la nouvelle version est plus gourmande en GPU. On se demande franchement pourquoi si ce n'est pour faire marcher des nouvelle fonctions AI etc dont je me demande si elles ont un intérêt... Je trouve Adobe gonfle sur ce coup, ayant investi il y a 18 mois sur un portable performant... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not work for me, I can save the full workflow, but then I change the canvas size and try to save, it sends the error... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, defaultlhwpn8oz81ku. I don't know what system you are using. I use Windows 10 and I did a canvas resize earlier and it was fine. If you did the fix, you'll need to close and relaunch for it to take effect. I am hopeful Adobe will provide an additional update to fix the issue permanently for those of us who are having difficulty. I do not work for Adobe. I am an end user. All the very best to you! Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jean, 

Did it after restart, but still having the issue and only when I change the canvas size, So seems definitely a bug and I hope for a quick fix from Adobe, 

Best, 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with saving the documents. And the same program error appears from time to time, when i use healing brush.

I tried to disable GPU - it didn' help. I got the latest nvidia driver and it didn't help too.

Wish Adobe will fix it asap

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they will fix it very quickly too, kirillfedotovru. All the best! Jean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing same problem. The updatde 22.1 keeps crashing and closing my Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek.

It's an iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core 7, 16GB Memory and 700GB availabe space (out of 1Tb).

I installed previuos version (21.2) and it's working fine. Version 22 keeps crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So resetting your preferences didn't help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly, no.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesnt solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already unistalled and installed again and keeps the problem.

I'll try the cleaner then.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0