• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v22 crashes consistently with TEXT tool

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent an entire day trying to rectify this. I upgraded to v22 on Mac OS (v10.14.6 - Mojave) and each time I select the Text tool I get the spinning beachball and a crash. I have tried EVERY STEP on the solutions page <https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#removefonts> and run Fontbook to delete all bad fonts. I even installed the suggested FontTest.jsx and it runs, says there are ZERO errors of my 1,542 fonts and immediately crashes (can't open the log).

I have tried minimal tools just to see if I could work on projects without text concerns. Seems no issue there.

I guess until this is fixed, I'll go back to v21, but we am I paying for a yearly subscription if stuff doesn't work??????? <hint, hint>

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. Thanks for sharing that you tried all of the fixes, saves me the time. I guess I'll have to use INDD or AI for now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and the SADDEST part is I initially posted this December 15, 2020 and to-date you are the only post. Crickets from Adobe or any word on a fix. Very disappointing. And "we" are paying money to use the product and cannot!!!!! How F'd is THAT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pete,

I am so sorry for the frustration this is causing--it has not been easy for all of us. You are doing the right thing in going back to 21, and waiting until Adobe fixes the issues. In going back to 21, are you up and running again?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines