• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Valid fonts not displaying correctly in Photoshop 22.1.0 (specifically Gotham HTF)

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently use text in PSDs to layer in various things for different projects. For some reason, the Gotham HTF family of fonts is not working/displaying correctly. It looks like someone who doesn't know anything about design would resize the font without constraining proportions. Gotham is such a lovely font, and I use it so heavily, it's frustrating.

I have already gone through all the troubleshooting things that I'm aware of to try and isolate, including:

• clearing Photoshop font cache in the (MAC) library
  • uninstalling and reinstalling
  • Resolving and removing all other fonts with errors
  • Restarting the application, including the CC app
  • Restarting my computer

Has anyone else experienced this issue? (I have included three screenshots, one from Photoshop and one from InDesign—where it works normally; and one where I've compiled these two next to each other isolated to show the difference.)

2020 iMac 27-in running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continued testing, and it's happening across all fonts used in photoshop, rendering it unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, tried the same "fixes" which did not resolve the problem.  I reverted to a previous version of photoshop, which fixed it.  Perhaps a simple reinstall of the application would have fixed it too though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem 2 years later than your original post, seriously! My only work around is setting the font in Illustrator and bringing it outlined into photoshop, ugh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening today 2/25/22 after the update. Same fonts work great in other adobe programs. It's becoming trublesome to work in PSD, will need to revert back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@danielav46843391 "Same fonts work great in other adobe programs. "

Are the fonts you are having trouble with Type 1? If so, see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/announcement-end-of-support-postscript-type-1-fonts.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines