Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Mask Issue

Guide ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I am using Vector Maks to Delete the Window of this car. I can easily Delete It using a regular Mask, but I want to use Vector Mask. I use a Pen Tool to draw a Path, and Later I select my Path, and I control Click on Create Mask, and It workes fine.

Many times I noticed It works opposite, in other words, it deletes the entire car and leaves the Window.

Here is the screenshot.  I have the correct settings To Subtract.wrong.jpg

Thanks.

Vector Mask issue 1.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

The Vector tools tool option bar and the pen tool otpton bar has controls to set how a closed path will combine. You want to set subtract  create the path the use menu Layer>Vector Mask>Current Path

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Vector tools tool option bar and the pen tool otpton bar has controls to set how a closed path will combine. You want to set subtract  create the path the use menu Layer>Vector Mask>Current Path

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear JJMack.

I have no problem with using regular Mask, I used regular Mask for many years, but I don't know why I have been struggling so much in the past few weeks learning Vector Mask. Maybe it's because I never used it?

I am practicing your Technique, If I had any more Issues I will post a question

Once again Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE;

Dear JJMack.

I am using your Technique, Subtract Front Shape, and I noticed again, sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not work.

After creating Paths few times I noticed It worked opposite.

Here is the screenshot.

Thanks

Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines