• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector/smart object/layer leaves "ghost image"

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I move/transform a vector/smart object, it leaves a "ghost image" if there's a layer below. As a matter of fact as soon as there is a vector/smart object present in the photoshop image, ANY layer I move/transform will leave a ghost image, even if it's not a vector/smart object. The only way to get rid of the "ghost image" is to turn the visibilty of the underlaying layer off and on.

I noticed this today, so I think it may have started with the latest update of Photoshop, have never seen it before.

Win 10 64 bit, Nvidia Quadro K2200 with latest drivers, Intel i7, 32 GB RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Try this:

Go to Preferences >Performance and uncheck "Legacy Compositing"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Go to Preferences >Performance and uncheck "Legacy Compositing"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! That solved the problem.

Thank you so much for the super fast reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I don't see that option, "legacy compositing"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'I don't see that option, "legacy compositing"'

Things have moved on since this two year old thread was raised.

If you are getting similar issues - try checking Deactivate Native Canvas in Preferences >Technology Previews and unchecking 'Multi Threaded Compositing ' in Preferences Performance. You will need to restart Photoshop after each. If either solves the issue then it indicates issues with your GPU and Photoshop, which may be resolved with a driver update.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've updated photoshop, and done the adjustments you suggested. I just updated my PC, too. But it's still the same..

Screenshot (422).pngScreenshot (423).pngScreenshot (425).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each new version of PS leads to the investigation on how to solve one or other issue. I also had this issue, thank you for clarifying. It could be sign of respect PS consumers to make some description and tips for solving these issues, so we don't search and ask it in Adobe forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having this exact problem and had been searching for days for a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines