• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Smart Objects not Displaying Correctly in Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why certain Illustrator effects don't translate over to PS? Example attached. Just have a simple drop shadow on some text in Illustrator, but when viewed as a Smart Object in PS it doesn't show up. I've also had a case where I've had wapred (arched) text in Illustrator and it appears straight in the PS Smart Object. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just for clarity, this was not happening a few weeks ago. Almost like an update triggered this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have PS 2020 version 21.2.6 install see if  the AI objects are OK when Paste or Place into PS 2020 as vector smart object.  Test to see if it is a PS 2021 issue.  PS 2021 seems to have many issues.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the ai-file? 

What exactly did you copy in Illustrator (please post, not attach, screenshot of Illustrator with the pertinent Panels visible)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like if I go back and recopy/paste it's working. Just wasn't transferring over when I had reopened a smart object and edited. I'll just go back and redo that for each one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the properties should stick when re-saving the SO, so if the issue arises again please provide the file (feel free to delete everything except the SO in question) for testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines