Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

very laggy and unresponsive

Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 16.01.29.png

I have been noticeing this laggy and unresponsive of Photoshop for awhile and do not know why. I am working it on iMac 2020. 

When i try to zoom out / in need to wait 2 to 4 seconds. Not only that every single move. Whever i tried to do transform tool need to wait, to move need to wait. I thought there is something going on in my mac system so I format the whole system and reinstall Big Sur more than 60 times but same issue.

Is it just becaue of my iMac is not powerfull enough to handle Photoshop ?

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 16.00.57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop, could you please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 and let us know if it helps?

Also, please try optimizing the performance of Photoshop and let us know if it helps: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for your reply. As an Adobe Creative Cloud Suite subscriber, all adobe apps are updated by itself time to time. 

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 05.09.05.png

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 04.37.53.png

One thing i can confirm you is the latest version 22.4.1 seems very improvement on my iMac. It is like day and night except "Save for Web" which still take sometime to wait. I can see it is stated as Lagacy and ther is  new menu as "Export As" but do not know what the difference is, however they both take exactly same amount ot 4/5 sec to wait to see the pop-up widow.

I am not sure whether it is because of the file size.  The one I am working on is showing 45MB.

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 04.47.12.png

When i try to see with 1080px FB size, I do not need to wait any sec on whatever i do but like this large file i need to wait up to 5 sec. Sometime it can take up to 10sec. I know this  just because I set my stopwatch.

Apart from that, for my workflow, I can say that Adobe on my iMac work perfectly. 

Regards

Zay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines