• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very low end graphics card

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to build a PC with Ryzen 5 3600 processor with 8gb ram..I have budget limitation now and want to start with Zotac g210 ddr3 1gb graphics card..can I run Adobe Photoshop in it and how it will perform ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the system requirements. Photoshop isn't designed for low end systems and often won't work at all on them. You need a good video card, plenty of RAM. Lots and lots of free disk, a processor of high spec. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will probably work OK. It's impossible to say about the video card, because it's not so much about nominal specs as it is about driver reliability. We've all had issues in certain driver versions that went away in later versions. That said, 1 GB VRAM is a bit on the low side. But again, it should probably work.

Make sure you have plenty disk space, at least 100 GB free, preferably more. That's really important for Photoshop, because it will keep things running even if memory runs low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More and more functions are being driven toward the GPU. The minimum system requirements are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

That calls for a GPU with DirectX 12 support and 2 GB of GPU memory. The G210 is listed as having neither.

There are several threads on this forum, and in the feedback forum, where folk are finding that older GPUs are not even being recognised in Photoshop, resulting in functionality being disabled. That GPU was released 11 years ago in 2009.  If you already have the card then give it a try, but personally I would not take the risk of buying such a card.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines