Highlighted

Very minor 'Save As' dialogue window issue

Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Minor thing here but when using 'Save As' to save images, sometimes the filename window is automatically active and ready to type into straight away, and sometimes it isn't meaning you need to actively click into the file naming dialogue box to change or append text to a filename. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be any recognisable reasoning as to whether it's auto-active or not. In fact, the same image can sometimes go one way or the other - seemingly at random.

(I'm working on a Mac with the latest OS installed (10.15.1 Catalina) and I know there were some save window issues related to the first versions of Catalina, so don't know if that's relevant or not.)

Not a major thing, but when you're processing a lot of images in the same way at one time and you get into a rhythm of working, it disrupts that flow for no apparent reason that I can fathom.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Very minor 'Save As' dialogue window issue

Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Minor thing here but when using 'Save As' to save images, sometimes the filename window is automatically active and ready to type into straight away, and sometimes it isn't meaning you need to actively click into the file naming dialogue box to change or append text to a filename. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be any recognisable reasoning as to whether it's auto-active or not. In fact, the same image can sometimes go one way or the other - seemingly at random.

(I'm working on a Mac with the latest OS installed (10.15.1 Catalina) and I know there were some save window issues related to the first versions of Catalina, so don't know if that's relevant or not.)

Not a major thing, but when you're processing a lot of images in the same way at one time and you get into a rhythm of working, it disrupts that flow for no apparent reason that I can fathom.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Which version of Photoshop you are using now? There are some known issue between Photoshop and Mac OS Cataline, you refer those here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Please update Photoshop to 21.0 version via Creative Cloud Desktop and it should take care of this problem for you.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Prezzer LATEST
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit, thanks for the reply. I'm on the very latest version of PS (21.0.1), fully updated through CCD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines