• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very new to PS

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to color in a vector SVG file and dont know how to manuplite it so that I can color it in. I would like to also be able to save it so it looks great for business cards and for the WWW.

Here is the logo.

Stevens and Black R4.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a tool for raster files, it isn't a editor of vector files like SVG.

However, if you want to turn it into Raster, for this simple task you just use the Paint Bucket tool. Tutorial: https://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/tool/paint-bucket.html#:~:text=The%20paint%20bucket%20t....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding but even the Jpeg or PNG file that I open in PS I cant fill. when I click the bucket fill tool it fills all the background but not the letters. And yes I have the bucket in the letters when I am clicking.

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not support Vector Files formats like SVG Photoshop is a pixels editor.  However, Photoshop does have some Vector tools and can export some SVG file the contain vector graphics as well as pixel data.   If you main goal is to create an SVG files you should use Adobe Vector Application Illustrator.  I do install Illustrator  so  I do not know exactly hows illustrator would support printing vector shapes using vector graphics.

Photoshop does have some vector Support.  You could create a PSD file for you Logo the would be all vector graphs. For basically your logo design is simple and clean.  The PSD could be used to add you logo images.  Your logo is simple and well define. So even A custom shape would also be able to be defined for it.  Shape layers are Photoshop  fill layer with vector layer mask. So your logo can have a solid color fill, a gradient fill or a pattern fill.  In  fact you could clip a image to your vector logo shape.  IMO your logo does not demand that you use Illustrator.  You should be able to create your logo using Photoshop exporting it from Photoshop as a SVG may even product an SVG the will be editable in Illustrator the would be similar to one you created in Illustrator.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey JJMack Thanks for your response but it is not imparitive that I have an SVG file in the end. The program that I know and understand exports SVG files. I have comverted this file into Jpeg and PNG files.

When I open those two files in PS I also am having trouble filling in and getting the look I want. I am very new to PS and thought that PS would be the best option to add all the letters black the "&" sign red and do a reflection on the bottom. I have figured out how to do the reflection. Now I just need to know why the fill tool wont fill in my letters and & sign.

Thanks

J. Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys

I got my logo to worked. I figured it out.

Thanks again

J. Roy

Stevens and Black R5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got connected with Photoshop.

llogo.gifimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats pretty Cool. Plug flickering like that.

I have a new hurdle and that is outline the red letters in black. Is that an easy job?Stevens and Black R7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A layer style can add an outline stroke.  Also  if you create a custom shape  for logo a dotted stroke can even be added.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines