Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow printing process - CC 19

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I've build a completly new WS for an employe , new adobe CC installed as well but she is having quite an issue with the printing process on that new PC.

i'll explain :

when she go in : File - print ... it takes about 25-35 seconde for the  'printing setup' box to open and PS seems frozen during each click.

If we try to change a printer in the drop down box ... PS lock for 35-40 sec, same if she click on 'printing preference' need to wait  an other 25-30 second and even more.

The process is very to slow and unconvienient .

it's part of her work to send stuff to the printer but she is wasting time to wait for PS.

Last week, she was on her old PC , with cs5.5 , Win 7 - i3-3220 , 8gb rm and 500 HDD and that process was flawless.

Now on her new PC :

- Win10

- AMD TR 1920x

- 32 GB

- 3 SSD ( 1: OS , 2 : projet , 3: Scratch )

1- I'm an iT and dont work with adobe that much so i've already lookout for answer on the forum

2- PS as the lastest update

3- no more that 15% of the RAM is utilise when she sent it

4- I've tried it in Administrator account

5- scratch disk is setup

6- gpu acceleration was tried check/uncheck

7- driver is up to date/ fresh build ( one week )

does anyone as an idea where to look at to fix this ?

thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with network printers in Win 10. It checks if they actually exist and are active before even printing. You will need to tweak the network timeouts and locally stored lists of active printers. Also remove/ hide any printers and network connections that are not relevant to the user to speed up things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hope you/we are successful in finding the answer to this. I have the same issue, it started recently, and in my case removing the connected printers did not resolve it.

I will summarise below what I've done so far , as one of these items may help you.:

Symptoms - Recently in any installed version of Photoshop (CC2018, CC2017 and CS6) the print dialogue is taking 25-35 secs to open and, when changing any print option within the dialogue, it again becomes unresponsive for a similar length of time (a pain when printing). Not only that, but everything on the system, outside Photoshop, becomes unresponsive while waiting for the dialogue to update  - even Windows task manager.

Printing and print dialogues work fine from Lightroom Classic, Acrobat DC, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite...etc

So far I have:

Uninstalled and removed the drivers for both printers (both Epson). The Photoshop print dialogue  was still unresponsive with only the default Microsoft "printers" showing. It was also unresponsive to Adobes own Print to PDF printer (I also uninstalled Acrobat to remove that as part of testing - to no avail)

Reinstalled printers with the latest drivers (but, as stated above, the dialogue in unresponsive even with the printers and drivers removed).

Run the Windows print trouble-shooter - no issues found

Run sfc /SCANNOW - no problems found

Removed Epson file EPAUDF01.AUD a file which which Epson rebuilt

Reset preferences in Photoshop (although given that three versions are affected I did not expect much from that action.)

Good luck

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm , i've couldn't said it better.

you describe exactly the issue ...

it seem's that you didn't find a fix for that as well , your troubleshoot is great .

thanks for your answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I still have this issue even after a clean install of Windows.

I have raised a bug report below:

print dialogue slow on Windows 10 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm an know issue with microsoft .... doesn't look good .
I'll check that out.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print command is typically a system based operation.  Double check system requirements for your version of Photoshop.  Also check with the printer manufacturer for any firmware updates ( something not normally found in a standard update ).  The only other possible solution would be to downgrade to the older setup if that is possible on the new computer ( some type of HD partitioning where you could clone the older system onto a separate partition that could be booted for tryouts ).  Another possibilty is the drive is fragmented.  Run a maintenance routine on the drive.  See if that helps.  It almost seems like the computer is having a hard time executing what would be considered routine.  Any other apps having similar problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very similar to a problem I've had since last October. In my case, I tracked it down to the AMD Radeon graphics driver. If i  roll back to anything 17.10.1 or earlier, the problem goes away.

It would be great if it was that simple, however the system runs badly with weird pauses and mouse stuttering, when using the old Radeon drivers. The release notes of 17.10.2 mentions compatibility with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, so I suspect this is the issue. It's a choice between a smooth running and big hangs with printing in Photoshop, or faster Photoshop printing and a stuttery PC.

I reported this months ago. AMD doesn't want to admit there's a problem. It doesn't affect gamers, so it doesn't exist.

Q1: if you have the problem, are you using an AMD Radeon driver 17.10.2+?

Q2: what happens when you open Colour Management from Control Panel and select one of the printers - does it hang for a few seconds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

1. I am using AMD driver 18.2.2

2. Yes it does !

Not sure why a video driver would affect printing just from Photoshop. I have added this information to the thread here - you may also wish to comment

Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hi

1. I am using AMD driver 18.2.2

2. Yes it does !

Not sure why a video driver would affect printing just from Photoshop. I have added this information to the thread here - you may also wish to comment

Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Dave

Fancy that! 😉

It's all in the Colour Management. I added my jaded experiences to the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this by throwing the AMD card in the bin and installing an nVidia Quadro P600 and the latest Quadro driver.

The PC seems a lot smoother now, and there are no delays with printing, nor crashes in Photoshop or Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having 25+ second delay times when printing to an Epson P800 from Photoshop CC and also from Adobe InDesign. I replaced my AMD W5000 with an nVidia Quadro P2000 and that dropped the delay to around 4 seconds in each program. I then used the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and that dropped the delay to less than 1 second. Even though I had uninstalled all AMD software visible from settings, the utility found lots more to remove. You can find the utility here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines