Highlighted

Video card requirements

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Photoshop update has disabled several functions on my venerable old Dell XPS 8300. Most of the issues seem to arise from an outdated Radeon 6700 video card. I have read that DirectX 12 is now required.

Does anyone know if cards that specify "DirectX12 (feature 11_0)" is sufficient? There are several fairly cheap 2gb video cards that are old enough to work with the Dell. Otherwise, I may be forced to buy a whole new desktop just to access features that I have used for years.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video card requirements

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Photoshop update has disabled several functions on my venerable old Dell XPS 8300. Most of the issues seem to arise from an outdated Radeon 6700 video card. I have read that DirectX 12 is now required.

Does anyone know if cards that specify "DirectX12 (feature 11_0)" is sufficient? There are several fairly cheap 2gb video cards that are old enough to work with the Dell. Otherwise, I may be forced to buy a whole new desktop just to access features that I have used for years.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is now updated in latest Photoshop version if you get the error then now other way to solve this only new computer....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 1