Highlighted

Video editing - different image sizes

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This is my first time here, as normally I do all my still image editing in Lightroom.

I am trying to learn how to edit video in PS, as I do not really use PS I have watched the basic into videos to understand the basics, and watched some of the videos on basic video editing.   

I am trying to gather all the little clips of my new grandson together for my daughter.

The clips are from differnet phones, and therefore different sizes (see below), I have searched 🙂

Is there a way getting them all to play in the same size?

Sorry if its a daft question, first go at video edit and not very often in PS.

Cheers Sandy   

sandym45046810_0-1602338551026.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video editing - different image sizes

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This is my first time here, as normally I do all my still image editing in Lightroom.

I am trying to learn how to edit video in PS, as I do not really use PS I have watched the basic into videos to understand the basics, and watched some of the videos on basic video editing.   

I am trying to gather all the little clips of my new grandson together for my daughter.

The clips are from differnet phones, and therefore different sizes (see below), I have searched 🙂

Is there a way getting them all to play in the same size?

Sorry if its a daft question, first go at video edit and not very often in PS.

Cheers Sandy   

sandym45046810_0-1602338551026.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I think I may be on my way of sussing it 🙂

Convert to a smart image )I have no idea what that means) crt T - drag out the edges of the smaller images ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution can be to use Smart Object layers just keep in mind that Smart Object layer allows you to scale multiple times while degrading quality only once. Smart Object can not help you to enlarge heavily without losing some quality.

Perhaps it is better to scale down bigger dimensions rather than enlarging small ones. So convert to Smart Object layer bigger ones, press Ctrl/Cmd + T then drag inwards to match smaller dimension, in case you want best possible quality from that salad of different dimensions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, as I said PS it new to me so I am finding my way around.

I assume even if I make the biggerones smaller, when it plays on a pc or tv, it will play at the normal bigger size?

Cheers Sandy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what exactly you want to ask. You must export video which will play at exported dimensions. You may need to adjust document dimensions to smaller video dimensions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your help, sorry the notification emails went into my junk box. I think I sorted, well it looks ok 🙂

I think I have to learn some Photoshop basics, but I am geting there. Normaly I use Lightroom, it just the videos I am playing about with now. Thanks for your help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0