Highlighted

Video not opening in Photoshop 2021 - PLEASE HELP

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I've been using photoshop to edit/animate for 3+ years and it stopped letting me import .mov and .mp4 files with the newest update. Anyone know a way around this? Only luck i've had so far is importing video files as gifs but that's a lot more limiting let me know if there's a work around please ! 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video not opening in Photoshop 2021 - PLEASE HELP

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I've been using photoshop to edit/animate for 3+ years and it stopped letting me import .mov and .mp4 files with the newest update. Anyone know a way around this? Only luck i've had so far is importing video files as gifs but that's a lot more limiting let me know if there's a work around please ! 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So sorry to hear you are having this problem. Here is a link to the known issues that the engineers are dealing with: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

The issue you've desicribed is not listed here but it may give you some options to try. One of them is to turn off your graphics processor card and see if that fixes the problem. You will see the steps in the link listed above.

May I recommend that you add this error to the list by visiting the following form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Select the product from the Drop Down menu, accept the terms, and explain the issue.

I am not sure if this will help, but I thought you might be interested in another thread--it is an older thread, but you might be able to glean some information to help with your issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/cant-open-video-in-photoshop-could-not-complete-the-video-f...

Let us know if turning off the graphics processor card fixes the issue?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I found this thread that gives more feedback about the recent update and problems with video that I think would give you some more information: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/video-file-not-opening-in-photoshop-2020/td-p/10804494?page...

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing I've done so far has worked and I've tried everything would it be better to call support? Normally it was as easy as dragging and dropping a video clip into photoshop now it's taken hours and hours of trying to figure out why it's not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am just checking back to see if you were able to talk to support or get any resolution to the issue?

I just have one quick question--did you try turning off your graphics processor card and restarting to see if that solved the issue? 

Let us know!

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0