• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual memory not enough

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photoshop, but I've stubble across this problem. It says that I have no virtual memory to use, but I have two disks. One with 4 GB - the main disk. And one with 380GB - the second disk. Why Is it still not letting me create projects when I have enough memory?

https://prnt.sc/13g69w5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to performance/scratch disk and check on your second disk then rearrange using the arrows to make it the top slot.

Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual memory is different than scratch disk space - How much RAM do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16gb ram installed. I'm currenctly using everything I have left for photoshop, that's 12gb. I don't understand what you mean by "using the arrows to move the disk up" - Because I switched places and It's still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you allocated too much RAM and its not available - PS will throw an error.

What percentage RAM do you have your preference set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines