• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Button to run PS action for "add to selection" problem

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am having an issue getting a unique setup work on newer Wacom Pro, that worked on my previous generation Wacom Pro using Photoshop CC 2018.  Old wacom=PTH-451 model.  New Wacom=PTH-660

On old wacom, I set a button within Wacom software to perform shortcut for "add to selection". This shortcut button on Wacom actually runs a PS action that did the "add to selection" work.  This PS action was set up using Function Key option CMD SHIFT F13. I have shown New Action settings and expanded view of the properly working action below as well as Wacom software to help this make sense.   

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.02.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.42.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.49.17 AM.png

That explained, I could start a Pen Tool path, and when open-ended still, hit this key and it would straight line, close pen path and turn to a new marching ant selection. Or I could have existing marching ant with say lasso, then make pen path overlapping it, hit this shortcut key and it adds to selection as intended.  This is how it worked and was perfect for my needs.  I'd actually had another Wacom button to do a "subtract from selction" with similar action and worked great. 

Now with the new Wacom model, I follow same steps in Wacom software to assign a button to run a Phostoshop action, but it doesnt work. The open pen path just stays as is. Literrally nothing happens for better or worse.  To confirm, the action does work if instead of using Wacom button, I hit SHIFT CMD F13 on keyboard or click PLAY in action menu, but both are slower than Wacom button. When doing hundreds of times a day, I want the fastest option naturally.

I hope I explained this well enough so hopefully someone may know what's going on. Or even better, is there a much easier way to achieve the entire "add to" and "subtract from" with simply 1-click shortcut button(be it Wacom or the keyboard)?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does all the other wacom button work in Photoshop ?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, other buttons seem to work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured I'd reply here to say the button is now just working fine.. I didnt change anything, juest started working.  It did stop once more, but restart fixed. Something obviously not 100% fleshed out fully here, but hopefully it's a bug a update will fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Wacom for Ps on workstation or iPad (in mobile version)? Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines