Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Cintiq 22 Photoshop and Illustrator Performing Issues/BUG

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have really annoying performance issues with photoshop cc and illustrator on my cintiq. I know my graphic tablet is not the problem cuz it works fine with other software and the problem is also not rooted in my pc (32 GB RAM, nvidia rtx260, intel i9, windows 10, every driver is updated). There shouldn't be any performance issues on my pc. 

Yesterday my Illustrator crashed a few times and I found out that I could roll back to an older version, which helped to make it run stable. My photoshop though is still lagging. It doesn't have problems when I paint for a while but when I switch to my main monitor with my mouse to open a program or reply to a mail and go back to my grafic tablets it takes ages to respond! I can't click anything for minutes! Anyone else has this weird bug? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, older version is working a lot better! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @anyrei ,

GPU issues seem to plague Adobe software more often these days.

If you decide to go to the newer releases again and you encounter issues, this may be helpful to you. 

Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Illustratot

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-errors-troubleshooting-workarounds.html

Having to roll back to earlier versions can be frustrating, no?

Best

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design | BA CUA |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying! Especially because you've seen the specs of my pc. It's a gamer pc and a work horse. There just shouldn't be any issues on my mashine. Everything is updated, even BIOS. So I seriously don't get why games, that use a lot of CPU and Graphic power and running on super high quality 4k are running smoothly while Photoshop is lagging just because I clicked on my mail program for a second in between painting in photoshop... Well not anymore now, cuz I rolled back both Illustrator and Photoshop.

The update button is taunting me though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot agree with you more @anyrei ,

I had Premiere Pro falling on its face reapeatedly these past two weeks, disabled the GPU, and it was happy. Didn't find any solutions on the forums that helped.

Went in two days later and enabled it again, and it was happy!

Go figure.

So if you give into the temptation, keep this under your hat.

Peace

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design | BA CUA |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines